Instant Pot Vortex Plus Broiled Chicken Thighs
Note: I purchased a Vortex and was not able to find information on how long to broil chicken thighs, so I created this recipe as a guide to help others. I explained how I seasoned the chicken, but feel free to season the chicken another way.
3 Defrosted Skinless Chicken Thighs
2 Garlic Cloves Chopped
¼ Onion Chopped
Butter (3-6 1/8th inch slices of butter)
- Season three chicken thighs with onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning and let it marinate for an hour.
- Before placing chicken in the Vortex add butter on top of the thighs.
- On the Vortex, press ‘Broil’, the temperature will set to 400 degrees
- Adjust the cook time to 10 minutes.
- Allow the Vortex to preheat (approximately 5 min).
- When the screen says ‘Add Food’ place the trays (chicken tray and the drip tray) in the Vortex. (I used to top row, but next time I would try the middle).
- After 10 minutes turn the chicken thighs over and put back in the oven. (It will have to preheat again, if you prefer you can put the chicken in or wait. If you do put the chicken in now, you will have open close the door when it tells you to Add Food.
- Let the chicken cook for 10 minutes. Once it’s done remove once the Vortex says it’s done. Note: Be sure to check the chicken to make sure it’s cooked thoroughly.
- Enjoy juicy chicken thighs with sides of your choice!